Some say it’s the most important day of your life. Whether or not that’s your philosophy, it still takes an efficient team to run a wedding day smoothly, as there are all manner of things that can go wrong. Here’s a simple guide on how to make sure you’re employing the best of the best for your special day, so you can evade bridezilla tendencies, and simply smile, sip champagne and dance the night away!
Picking The Perfect Caterer
Music choice and dress design aside, one thing guests will leave your wedding talking about is how good (or bad) dinner was. So how do you make sure you’re selecting a top notch wedding caterer, who will have everything running smoothly on the day of the event? Here are just a few quick tips to ensure you make a decision you don’t regret.
- Don’t trust your instincts. Make sure you actually sample the menu.
- Ask around – which of your friends who got married recently had fantastic catering?
- Meet the people involved in person. It’s hard to get a vibe through phone/email.
- Enquire early about whether they can cater for any special dietary requirements.
- Ask the venue – they may have recommended caterers or at least be able to assist your search.
The Venue Of Your Dreams
Everyone has a different idea of what the perfect wedding looks like. For some, it’s booking into a church or other religious organisation for a ceremony that errs on the traditional side. It’s also fairly common to hire out a restaurant or bar for an intimate wedding reception with family and friends. The biggest essential here is to start looking early. As soon as you know you are having a wedding, you should be thinking about where to hold it, as most places book out insanely fast.
When booking a venue, you primarily want to ensure the people at the venue are easy to deal with and aren’t going to add to what is already going to be a potentially stressful day. Ideally, they should be willing to assist with additional services such as sourcing for a cake store, caterers and more. Ask them this prior to booking to make your life easier in the long run.
Saying Yes To The Dress (And The Makeup And Hair)!
When most brides start their Pinterest boards, it starts with an idea of the dress they hope to wear on their day. Finding said dress is easier said than done, and can often involve combing through multiple boutiques, fashion outlets and wedding shops.
While finding the dress can be a solitary activity, or one you do with your closest girlfriends, makeup and hair is a different battle. Here are a few tips when outsourcing for your glam squad, on how to choose your hair and makeup artist:
- Find someone who can do both. It’s not only financially effective, but means you have to deal with less people, and won’t have to coordinate between makeup artist and hairstylist.
- Have pictures of how you’d like to look, rather than leaving everything in the artists’ hands.
- Do a trial run rather than just relying on photos. You never know how makeup is going to look on your particular face and you want to avoid surprises on the day.
Capturing The Special Moments
Photographs from your wedding day are going to be displayed in your house for many a year to come – so if there was ever a time to invest in a good photographer, this would be it. Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding who to entrust with this special task:
- Look at lots of their previous work. This will give you a good idea as to whether their style matches up to your vision.
- Have a close look at your budget. Photographers can be extremely expensive, and there are always more cost effective options such as very talented photography/videography students.
- Go through a list of shots you want beforehand so as not to miss a moment that is crucial to you, that your photographer might have overlooked. First glimpse of the bride, first kiss, bridesmaids etcetera.
There you have it – start as early as possible and begin putting together your very own wedding dream team. Just remember that no matter your budget, time-frame or capacity there will be a way to create the perfect day as long as you have the right people involved.